Back to top
Monitoring of clinical condition
- Take regular vital signs
- Monitoring of blood glucose/INR as required
- Taking bloods if required
- Communicating all necessary information to GP’s and or hospital consultants as necessary
- Change dressings and wound assessment.
- To give a detailed explanation of patient's medication and any possible side effects
- Administer prescribed intravenous drugs
- Ensure medication is taken at the right dose and the right time
- To undertake physiotherapy exercises
- Give advice on preventing bed sores
- Give advice on preventing falls
- Discuss why patient has been ill and explain the normal recovery course
- Through health education to try and prevent readmission to hospital
- Give advice on dietary requirements following an illness
- Give a detailed explanation of a patient’s medication including any possible side effects.
Safety of home environment
- Ensure patient has ease and safe access to toilet facilities
- Ensure patient has easy access to food and water at all times
- Ensure there is safe heating and correct clothing at all times
- Communicate all necessary information to GPs and hospital consultants where appropriate.
CARE | COMPASSION | COMPANIONSHIP
Following an illness